On the Menu Today~
Turtle Candy with
- 2 (8 oz) packages caramels
pecan halves, lightly toasted
sea salt or as needed
milk chocolate melted Or
- 2 (12 oz) bags milk chocolate chips, melted
- Spread pecan halves on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350º until golden brown, stirring often (generally, nuts will be toasted in 6 to 10 minutes). Remove from oven, cool pan on wire rack.
- In top of a double boiler over hot water, melt caramels with heavy cream until smooth and creamy. Arrange pecan halves in groups of 4 to 5 on waxed paper sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon caramel mixture into a small mound in the middle of the nuts. Lightly sprinkle sea salt on top of caramel (caramel should partially cover the nuts to keep the nuts in place) Let stand until caramel is set.
- In top of a double boiler over hot water, melt chocolate, stirring gently using a small spoon. Coat caramel with melted chocolate. Lightly sprinkle sea salt on top. Let stand until chocolate is firm or refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Store in an air tight container
*Use good quality dipping chocolate