On the Menu Today~
2 1/2 cups
1 1/2 cups
light corn syrup
- Butter a 15 x 10 x 1 pan; set aside.
- In a heavy duty, large saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, vinegar, and salt.
- Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat. Slowly add the milk. Cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 248º (firm ball stage) Remove from the heat. Stir in peppermint oil and food coloring, keeping face away from mixture, as odor is very strong. Pour into prepared pan, let stand 8 minutes or until cool enough to handle
- With well-buttered fingers, quickly pull candy until firm but pliable (color will become light pink) Pull and shape into a 1/2 inch rope, cut rope into 1 inch pieces, wrap each piece into waxed paper, twist ends.