On the Menu Today~
Taco Soup and
How to Roast Peppers
in the Oven…
This soup is delicious!
Packed full of canned beans,
ground beef and vegetables,
then topped with shredded cheese,
sour cream and taco sauce, it’s
not only delicious, it’s good for you too…
2 quarts (64 oz)
3 cans (10 3/4 oz)
empty soup cans water
1 can (28 oz)
1 can (10 oz)
diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 can (15 oz)
black beans, drained
1 can (15.5 oz)
dark red kidney beans, drained
1 can (27 oz)
chili beans in mild chili sauce
1/2 can (16 oz)
pinto beans, drained
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 package (1.25 oz)
taco seasoning mix
- salt and pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
green pepper, chopped
stalks celery, chopped
poblano pepper, roasted and chopped
- 2 pounds ground beef, cooked and drained
- 8 ounces cavatappi macaroni, cooked according to package directions, drained
- Shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish
- Sour cream, for garnish
- Taco sauce, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a large soup kettle.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 2 to 4 hours.
- To serve: Sprinkle with shredded cheese, add a dollop of sour cream and drizzle with taco sauce
4 to 6
peppers, (green, red, yellow, orange, hot peppers)
- Heat oven to 425º
- Place peppers on oven rack.
- Pierce several times with a sharp knife.
- Roast in oven until peppers are charred, turning peppers often.
- Remove peppers from oven and immediately place in brown paper bag.
- Let peppers steam in bag for 15 minutes.
- Remove from bag and remove skin.
- Chop peppers and use in recipes.