On the Menu Today~
When ever I bring this Taco Dip to a party,
I always bring home an empty dish…and
So will you~
This delicious taco dip is a layered dip~
Lettuce, tomatoes and onions are
topped with a cream cheese/sour cream/avocado layer,
then topped with more lettuce, tomatoes and onions.
Taco sauce is poured over all….
My mother-in-law gave me this recipe over 35 years ago.
She received this fantastic recipe from one of her lady friends,
she meet while in the Chaminade Women’s Chorus
I don’t even know how many times I’ve made this recipe
but I know it’s way too many times to count!
This recipe is one of those recipes that has definitely
stood the test of time~
1 (8 oz) package
cream cheese, room temperature
ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
1 (16 oz) container
diced red onion
dry taco seasoning mix
tomatoes, seeded and chopped or
cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
red onion, chopped
shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 (12 oz) bottle
mild taco sauce
- In large bowl, cream together cream cheese and avocado. Add sour cream, red onion and taco seasoning mix. Beat until well blended.
- Place 9 inch glass pie plate on a platter (platter should be a few inches wider than the pie plate)
- Line bottom of glass 9 inch pie plate with: 1/2 of the shredded lettuce, 1/2 of the chopped tomatoes and 1/2 of the chopped red onion.
- Mound creamed mixture on lettuce mixture. Cover with saran wrap Refrigerate for 2 hours
- Remove pie plate from refrigerator. Top creamed mixture with the remaining: lettuce, tomatoes, onion and ground beef mixture, if using Sprinkle shredded cheese over lettuce mixture. Pour the taco sauce over all. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro