On the Menu Today~
Blueberry Spice Coffee Cake
One my favorite things….
In my opinion, coffee cakes are
the overlooked breakfast treat~
You can mix just about any ingredients together and
make a delicious tasting coffee cake.
Coffee cakes can be drizzled with an icing or
Blueberry Spice Squares
1 pkg. (2-layer size)
spice cake mix
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons oil
2 cups fresh or frozen
blueberries, (thawed if frozen)
packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350º Grease and flour a 13 x 9 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and 1/4 teaspoon allspice. Stir in apple juice, eggs and oil until moistened. (batter will be lumpy)
- Gently fold in blueberries. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- For topping: In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, walnuts, flour, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and rolled oats. Stir in melted butter. Sprinkle topping over cake batter.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- For Glaze: Combine confectioners’ sugar and milk; drizzle over warm coffee cake.
ga('create', 'UA-33397412-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');