I love Mincemeat.
I always have.
I can remember when I was a child,
after Thanksgiving dinner,
I would wait patiently
for a slice of mincemeat pie.
I would sit at the “Grown Up” table
and eat a slice of mincemeat pie,
while my cousins would sit at the
“kiddie” table eating pumpkin pie.
This recipe is one of my favorites,
I found the recipe on the back of a jar of
Nonesuch Mincemeat over 10 years ago and
have been making this dessert ever since.
The recipe combines the classic flavors of
pumpkin and mincemeat together.
A layer of mincemeat is topped with a
layer of ‘pumpkin pie’
1 3/4 cups
firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks)
1 jar (27 oz)
None-Such Ready-to-Use Mincemeat
1 can (15 oz) 2 cups
pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
1 can (14 oz)
Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 425º
- Combine flour and sugars
- Cut in butter until crumbly
- Stir in nuts
- Reserving 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture
- Press remaining crumb mixture into bottom and half way up sides of 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish. Spoon mincemeat over crust
- Combine pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Mix well
- Pour over mincemeat layer, top with reserved crumb mixture
- Bake 15 minutes, Reduce oven to 350º Bake 40-45 minutes longer or until golden brown around edges. Cool. Cut into squares.
- Serve warm or at room temperature
- Store leftovers covered in refrigerator
*This is not a sponsored post.
We have not been compensated by any company mentioned above.