It’s never to early to make these cookies~
“The Holidays are Coming”
like these little cookies do~
I can remember my Grandmother making these cookies every year.
We could smell them as we walked up her driveway~
I hope you enjoy these crunchy little wonders as much as we do~
packed brown sugar
- In a small saucepan combine the molasses and butter Cook and stir over low heat until butter melts. Remove saucepan from heat, pour mixture into a large bowl, cool to room temperature
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, cardamom, allspice, and pepper, set aside.
- Stir egg into cooled molasses mixture. Gradually stir in flour mixture until combined.
- Knead in the last of the flour mixture by hand, if necessary. Cover and chill for about 1 hour or until dough is easy to handle
- Divide dough into 12 portions, on a lightly floured surface roll each portion into a 10-inch rope. Cut ropes into 1/2-inch pieces, place pieces 1/2 inch apart on a ungreased shallow baking pan. Spoon confectioners’ sugar into baggie. Set aside
- Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned
- Transfer warm cookies to baggie filled with confectioners’ sugar. Shake baggie to coat cookies
- Cool cookies on wire rack