The first time I made this recipe,
my son-in-law loved it~
He spend some time living in North Carolina.
He has eaten a lot of ‘North Carolina Style Pulled Pork’
and said this was a great version of that classic.
This is an easy recipe and
the best part….
it’s made in the crock pot.
semi-boneless pork shoulder
onion mushroom soup mix (Lipton)
firmly packed brown sugar
apple cider vinegar
liquid smoke (Colgin Natural Mesquite)
salt and pepper to taste
- In slow cooker, place pork, add remaining ingredients, cover.
- Cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove pork, reserved juices, cool pork. When cool enough to handle, shred pork with 2 forks or shred using your clean fingers.
- Return shredded pork back to crock pot, stir pork into reserved juices.
- Heat on high an additional 1 to 2 hours or heat on low for 2 to 4 hours.
Serve pulled pork on rolls, piled high with creamy slaw.