On the Menu Today~
Veggie Pizza makes a great appetizer but
I like to serve Veggie Pizza for dinner…
On a hot summer evening,
when I would rather not heat up my kitchen or
eat another grilled burger or grilled chicken breast,
I make this recipe for veggie pizza.
The crust only has to bake for 8 minutes,
so it doesn’t heat up your kitchen and
the result is a delicious, refreshing and
2 (8 oz) tubes
crescent rolls (Pillsbury)
1 (15.5 oz) container
dill veggie dip (Marzetti)
6 to 8
radishes, thinly sliced
English cucumber, thinly sliced
4 to 6
carrots, peeled and shredded
green onions, thinly sliced
green pepper, diced
1 small bunch
broccoli, broken into florets
1 small head
cauliflower, broken into florets
2 to 3 cups
shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Unroll both cans of dough, press in the bottom and up sides of jelly roll size baking sheet, sealing or pressing together perforated edges. Bake at 375º for 8 minutes, watching carefully until browned. Cool crust completely.
- Spread cooled crust with veggie dip, using as much as you like. (We use about 3/4 of a 15.5 oz container.) Layer radish and cucumber slices on top of dip.
- Sprinkle shredded carrots over radishes and cucumbers. Press down lightly with fingers.
Sprinkle with onions and green pepper. Press down lightly. Sprinkle with broccoli and cauliflower florets. Press down lightly with fingers.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Press down lightly. Cover loosely with saran wrap. Chill in refrigerator about an hour.
- When ready to serve, cut veggie pizza with a pizza cutter.