2 1/2 cup
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, cold and cubed
egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sourdough starter
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Crumb Topping:
- 4 tablespoons butter, cold
- 4 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 425º Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In large bowl combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and allspice.
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In small bowl mix together egg and milk. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, mix lightly.
- Mix together mashed bananas, sourdough starter, butterscotch chips and nuts. Add to flour mixture, mix lightly.
- Turn out dough onto well-floured surface. Knead 8 to 10 times. Pat dough into 10 inch circle.
- Make crumb topping:
- Stir together oatmeal, brown sugar, and flour. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in chopped nuts. Sprinkle mixture over dough. Cut dough into 10 scones.
- Carefully place scones onto parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 425º for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from baking sheet, cool on wire rack.