On the Menu Today~
Old-fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies
When my kids were in grade school,
I would make them peanut butter cookies…
In honor of their first day back to school.
In the back door they ran….
In their new school clothes…
Now wrinkled and rumpled….
With the smell of school still lingering on them….
Their feet sore from the blisters their new shoes gave them…..
Talking non-stop about their first day back to school.
Dropping their backpacks to the floor with a thump….
Down the hall they ran to their bed rooms….
Returning seconds later…
Back in shorts and flip flops…..
Asking to go to a friends house.
Grabbing a handful of peanut butter cookies….
Running back out the door…..
I could hear them yell…..
As they hopped on their bikes..
And down the street they went…
Not yet ready to let go of summer……
Peanut Butter Cookies…
In honor of those wonderful school days..
Peanut Butter Cookies
2 1/2 cups
1 1/2 teaspoons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
packed brown sugar
- Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl beat butter for 30 seconds. Add peanut butter and sugars, beat until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, mix until well combined.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls, roll in granulated sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on a ungreased cookie sheet, crisscross top with the tines of a fork dipped in sugar. Bake at 375º for 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting.