I found this recipe years ago on the back of a jar of Motts Applesauce.
It is loaded with chunky applesauce, shredded carrots, dried cranberries,
crushed pineapple and shredded coconut.
Moist and delicious!
Muffins would be fantastic too.
Breakfast made easy~
Morning Glory Bread
2 1/2 cup
all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground: nutmeg, allspice, and cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chunky applesauce
- 3 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon dark molasses
finely shredded carrots
drained crushed pineapple
- Preheat oven to 375º Grease 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, allspice, cloves and cinnamon.
- In medium bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar, applesauce, egg whites, oil, and molasses.
- Stir applesauce mixture into flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in carrots, cranberries, pineapple and coconut. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert onto wire rack, turn right side up. Cool completely.