On the Menu Today~
Are You Ready For Some Football Wisconsin!!
Along with her love for cooking,
my Grandma Rose passed her love for football
on down to me….
My Grandma Rose never missed a Green Bay Packer Game or a
Wisconsin Badger Game.
She died at 94 years old and
still watched the Packer Game every Sunday.
During a Packer Game,
especially if the Packers were losing,
my sweet, soft spoken,
very lady-like Grandma,
would cuss like a trucker driver!
Football games wouldn’t be the same
without some sort of pre-game snack…
a.k.a appetizer…a.k.a. tail gate food.
These “snacks” shouldn’t be confused with
half -time food….which
can range from grilled brats to
prawns in garlic butter.
In my family especially,
we are all about the appetizers…
game day just won’t be the same without
three or more “snacks and dips” (per 2 people)
Here in WI,
we take our football very seriously.
Football is a way of life for many of us.
We pass our love for football down to our children and
It’s just who we are.
If you ever get a chance to visit Green Bay WI,
Madison WI or Wisconsin during the football season,
you’ll understand what all the fuss is about.
eggs, hard boiled and cooled
- 4 wedges laughing cow cheese
- 1/4 cup garden vegetable cream cheese spread
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon horseradish sauce, creamy-style
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
3 drops each
yellow and green food coloring, if desired
- Cut hard boiled eggs in half. Scoop out yolks, transfer to a medium bowl. Set whites aside.
- Combine yolks with cream cheese wedges, garden vegetable cream cheese spread and mayo.
- Stir in salt, pepper, garlic powder, horseradish sauce, and hot sauce.
- With an electric mixer, cream yolk mixture until fluffy.
- Divide egg mixture in half. Add green food coloring to one half and yellow to other half. Stir together until achieve desired color.
- Spoon green egg mixture into a large baggie.
- Spoon yellow egg mixture into a large baggie.
- Snip off one corner of each baggie.
- Pipe green egg mixture into 6 egg white shells.
- Pipe yellow egg mixture into 6 egg white shells.
- Sprinkle with smoky paprika.