On the Menu Today~
1 1/3 cups
1 1/2 teaspoons
cold butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
jam, jelly, preserves or curd of your choice
- In small bowl, mix flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Cut in cold, cubed butter, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In small bowl, combine beaten egg, heavy cream, and lemon extract. Add to dry ingredients. Mix until moistened. Stir in lemon zest. Turn onto a floured surface. Knead gently 6 to 8 times, pat into a 6 inch circle, cut into 4 wedges. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper,
- Lightly push thumb into each scone. Fill indentation with your favorite jam, jelly, preserves or lemon curd. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 425º for 15 minutes.