On the Menu Today~
Honey Strawberry Yogurt
Honey Strawberry Yogurt Scones
1 1/3 cups
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
cold butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons honey-strawberry yogurt
2 to 4 fresh
strawberries, hulled, washed and chopped
- 2 to 4 tablespoons strawberry jelly, jam or preserves
- 2 tablespoons honey, for drizzle
- In a small bowl mix flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Cut in cold, cubed butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add strawberry-honey yogurt, beaten egg and vanilla extract. Mix until moistened. Fold in chopped strawberries, turn onto a floured surface, knead gently 6 to 8 times, knead in a small amount of flour if needed. Pat into a 6 inch circle, cut into 4 wedges. Separate and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with honey
- Lightly press your thumb in the top of each scone. Fill indentation with strawberry jelly, jam, or preserves.
- Bake at 425º for 12 to 15 minutes or until light brown.