On the Menu Today~
Dried Cherry Orange Scones
Dried Cherry and Orange Scones
1 1/4 cups
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
cold butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- In small bowl mix flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Cut in cold, cubed butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In small bowl combine 2 tablespoons beaten egg and buttermilk, (set aside left over beaten egg for wash)
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients, mix until moistened.
- Add dried cherries, orange zest and orange juice and mix together.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface. Knead gently 6 to 8 times. Knead in a small amount of flour if needed. Pat into a 6 inch circle. Cut into 4 wedges. Place wedges on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush with left-over egg. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 425º for 12 to 15 minutes. Note: This recipe can easily be doubled
fresh squeezed orange juice
- Mix 1/2 cup powdered sugar with 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice.