On the Menu Today~
Cheesy Cauliflower Bratwurst Soup
The perfect comfort food is soup and
Cheesy Cauliflower Bratwurst Soup is the answer.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1/2 pounds bratwurst, sliced
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 can (10-3/4 oz)
fiesta cheddar cheese soup
1 can (14-1/2 oz)
2 cans (14-1/2 oz each)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 t easpoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon creole seasoning
- 2 to 4 teaspoons hot sauce
Velveeta cheese, cubed
fresh cauliflower, steamed and broken into florets
shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat, add onion and garlic, saute for 5 minutes. Add sliced bratwurst, season with liquid smoke, salt and pepper.
- Saute’ until browned on both sides, remove from heat and set aside.
- In large dutch oven or soup kettle add water, cheddar cheese soup, diced tomatoes, chicken broth, basil, parsley, thyme, creole seasoning and hot sauce.
- With slotted spoon, transfer brat mixture into soup kettle Bring to a boil, reduce heat, Simmer for 30 minutes. Add cubed Velvetta cheese and stir until melted.
- Add steamed cauliflower and shredded cheddar cheese, stirring gently.
- Cook until heated through.