On the Menu Today~
Blueberry Banana Sourdough Scones with Lemon Glaze
A Delicious Scone made with a sourdough starter,
mashed bananas, fresh blueberries and
topped with almonds and a lemon glaze~
2 1/2 cups
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
butter, cold and cubed
fresh blueberries, rinsed and patted dry
(about 2 mashed) bananas
brown sugar, packed
Sliced almonds (for the top of scones)
Lemon Glaze, (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in blueberries, toss to coat.
- In a medium bowl stir together, bananas, brown sugar, sourdough and egg.
- Stir banana mixture into dry ingredients until moistened. Turn dough onto well floured surface.
- Knead 5 to 10 times (dough will be very sticky) Pat into a 12 inch circle. Cut into 10 to 12 scones. Transfer scones to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place a few sliced almonds on top of each scone, press down lightly,
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove scones from oven, transfer to wire racks, cool slightly.
- Drizzle with Lemon Glaze.
1 1/2 cups
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- Whisk together confectioners’ sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract.
- Whisk in enough milk to reach desired drizzling consistency.