Strawberry-Banana Jell-o Salad
My sister Barb gave me this recipe, when I first got married…..many years ago. I have been making it ever since. It was the very first jell-o salad I learned to make as a new bride. It has turned out very time and I always bring home an empty plate whenever I bring it to any function. I still make this jell-o salad, though not as often as I should. Thanks Barb for a recipe that has definitely stood the test of time.
We enjoy making this salad for Easter and then throughout the summer months. Now that I think about it, we like this salad at Thanksgiving and
during the Christmas holidays too. It’s one of those jell-o salads that everyone seems to like and therefore, it never goes out of style. Another recipe that my sister Barb gave me many years ago, is this recipe for: Cherry Pretzel Dessert. That’s also a winner in my book. I’ve made that recipe over and over again!
- 1 (6 oz) package
- 1 cup
- 2 (10 oz) packages frozen
sweetened sliced strawberries, partially thawed
- 1 (20 oz) can
crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup (about 3 medium)
mashed firm banana’s
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup
- 1 (16 oz) container
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Stir in strawberries, pineapple, bananas and nuts.
- Pour half the mixture into a 13 x 9 glass baking dish.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Set remaining gelatin mixture aside.
- Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Mix well.
- Spread over chilled gelatin.
- Chill for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Spoon remaining gelatin mixture over top.
- Chill overnight.