On the Menu Today~
Strawberry-Banana Jell-o Salad
My sister Barb gave me this recipe,
in a recipe booklet she made for me
when I first got married…..many years ago….
I have been making it ever since.
1 (6 oz) package
2 (10 oz) packages frozen
sweetened sliced strawberries, partially thawed
1 (20 oz) can
crushed pineapple, undrained
1 cup (about 3 medium)
mashed firm banana’s
1/2 to 3/4 cup
1 (16 oz) container
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Stir in strawberries, pineapple, bananas and nuts.
- Pour half the mixture into a 13 x 9 glass baking dish.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Set remaining gelatin mixture aside.
- Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Mix well.
- Spread over chilled gelatin.
- Chill for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Spoon remaining gelatin mixture over top.
- Chill overnight.