A true classic~
When I see Tuna Melt on the menu,
I immediately think of a 1950's roadside diner.....
a mom and pop, jukebox joint...
Tuna Melt is a true 'retro' recipe.
A few simple ingredients turns a pouch of tuna,
into a satisfying and affordable meal.
- 2 English muffins, split and toasted
- 2 pouches (2.6 oz) lemon-pepper tuna
- 2-4 tablespoon mayonnaise, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 cup shredded or sliced sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat broiler and set the rack about 4 to 5 inches from the heat source.
- In a medium bowl, stir together lemon-pepper tuna, mayonnaise and dried dill. Set aside.
- Place toasted muffins on a baking sheet.
- Spread tuna mixture on toasted muffins. Place cheese on top.
- Place baking sheet under broiler and broil for 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Serve immediately.