I found this fantastic recipe on Cook Eat Share.
A great place to find all kinds of delicious recipes.
From regional to international recipes,
Cook Eat Share is the place to find recipes.
Sauerkraut Casserole tasted to me anyways,
just like a filling I have used in Stuffed Cabbage Rolls,
The only difference, this recipe calls for egg noodles and
the recipe for stuffed cabbage rolls calls for using rice.
If you're a sucker for a good casserole like me,
than you're gonna love this recipe....
Give it a try and let me know what you think🙂
- 2 pounds ground beef, ground turkey or ground pork
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 1 can warm water
- 1 (15 oz) package wide egg noodles
- 2 (15 oz) cans sauerkraut, drained
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Brown ground beef, turkey or pork with chopped onion; season with garlic powder, salt and pepper until meat is no longer pink inside. Drain off any fat.
- Prepare egg noodles according to package directions.
- You want the noodles slightly al dente. Drain but do not rinse.
- Drain sauerkraut and spoon into the bottom of a greased 3-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Pour egg noodles over kraut and brown sugar. Pour browned meat over egg noodles.
- Mix 1 can of warm water with the 2 cans of tomato soup, stir until smooth. Pour over mixture in baking dish. Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 45 minutes or until cheese is brown and edges are bubbling.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.