Pork Chops with Dirty Rice
It's Sunday and that means....
It's time for #Sunday Supper.
Today's Event: Easy Pork Chop Recipes
Today's host is: Shelby from Grumpy's Honeybunch
Thank you Shelby!
I've been making this recipe for as long as I can remember....
and at my age, when I can barely remember where I put my car keys,
remembering a recipe that I've been making for many years,
well that can only mean one thing, it must be a darn good recipe!
I like to use thick cut pork chops.
I tend to overcook thin cut pork chops,
making them dry, tough and
not very flavorful.
Serve Pork Chops and Dirty Rice,
with a small tossed green salad or
steamed vegetables of your choice.
Pork Chops with Dirty Rice
- 6 thick cut pork chops
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 3 beef bouillon cubes, crushed
- 4 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pound ground pork, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup water
- parsley chopped, optional
- Heat oven to 350º
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- In a small skillet, brown ground pork until no longer pink inside. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add pork chops, fry for about 5 to 8 minutes per side. Remove from skillet, sprinkle with salt, pepper and oregano, set aside.
- In same skillet, saute celery, onion, green pepper, garlic, mushrooms and crushed bouillon cubes, simmer for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together rice, cream of mushroom soup, ground pork and celery mixture, stir well. Set aside. In same skillet, add a 1/2 cup water, bring to a boil, stirring constantly to loosen browned bits from bottom of pan, boil 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spray 2 quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon rice mixture into prepared baking dish. Place pork chops on top of rice mixture, pour water mixture over pork chops.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10 to 15 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
- Braised Orange Tomato Pork Chops by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Braised Pork Chops with Country Gravy by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Breakfast Chops by Palatable Pastime
- Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops by My Sweet Savings
- Chili Rubbed Pork Chops with Apricot Ginger Glaze by Life Tastes Good
- Cider Braised Pork Chops with Apple and Rutabaga by Caroline’s Cooking
- Creamy Apple Pork Chops by Savory Experiments
- Easy Bourbon-Brown Sugar Roasted Pork Chops by Gourmet Everyday
- Easy Cilantro Lime Pork Chops by Cooking Chat
- Easy Creamy Seasoned Pork Chops & Rice by Crazed Mom
- Easy One Pan Oven Roasted Pork Chops by Pies and Plots
- Easy Oven Baked & Breaded Pork Chops by Hardly A Goddess
- Fontina Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce by Soulfully Made
- Fried Pork Chops by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Grilled Boneless Pork Chops with Broccoli Rabe by Simple and Savory
- Grilled Pork Chops with a Strawberry Balsamic Glaze by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Indian-Spiced Pork Chop Potato Skillet by Sunday Supper Movement
- Japanese-Style Pork Chops Tonkatsu by Asian In America
- Mom’s Cornflake Pork Chops by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mushroom Smothered Pork Chops over Noodles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
And More Pork Chops
- One Pan Pesto Pork Chops by Cricket’s Confections
- Pork & Peppers Stir Fry by Wholistic Woman
- Pork Chops Caprese by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Pork Chops Dijonnaise by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pork Chops with Dirty Rice by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Pork Chops, Peperoncini and Potatoes by Tramplingrose
- Prosciutto Wrapped Brie and Onion Stuffed Pork Chops by The Freshman Cook
- Quick Brine Pork Chops with Brown Sugar Glaze by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Quick Easy Maple Glazed Pork Chops by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Skillet Tuscan Pork Chops by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Chops by Big Bear’s Wife
- Slow Cooker Pork Burritos by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spicy Maple-Glazed Pork Chops with Jalapeno Cheese Grits by The Weekend Gourmet
- Vietnamese Grilled Pork Chop by Brunch-n-Bites