Want an easy and delicious dinner option?
Give this recipe for Baked Mostaccioli a try.
This recipe can be put together in under 20 minutes and
then needs to bake for 30 minutes at 350º.
While the mostaccioli is baking,
you'll have time to make a simple side salad and
butter a loaf of Italian bread.
Dinner is served~
Make it an 'Italian Dinner Night' at your house tonight.
Cook time: 30 minutes
Total time: Under an hour
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 oz) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 oz) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8 ounces penne noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Italian or pizza cheese blend
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350º
- In a skillet, cook ground beef, onion, green pepper and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the spaghetti sauce, stewed tomatoes, and Italian seasoning. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a 13 x 9 inch baking dish, layer half of the mostaccioli, meat sauce, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese; repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350º for 30 minutes or until heated through, and cheese is melted.