Holiday Cookie Exchange🍪
Nicole @ 4 the Love of Food Blog
P. Begly @ The Saucy Southerner
Elaine @ Food Parsed
I want to thank:
Seduction in the Kitchen for the delicious Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookies.
(Name coming) for the yummy Double Chocolate Caramel Cookies and
(Name coming) for the wonderful (and husbands favorite) Lemon Sugar Cookies.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 3/4 cup flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger, diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- yellow candy melts, optional
- holiday sprinkles, of your choice, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and molasses.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice; gradually add to the egg mixture and mix well. Turn onto a floured surface, knead in crystallized ginger and cranberries. Dough will be very sticky.
- Divide dough in half; shape each portion into a 14 inch x 3 inch rectangle. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or baking mat. Bake at 375 for 24 to 26 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a cutting board; with a serrated knife, cut each rectangle into 18 slices, place sliced cut side down on baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until firm and crisp. Remove to wire racks to cool. Melt candy melts in a glass bowl, following package directions. Frost one side of biscotti with melted candy melts, sprinkle top with sprinkles, if using. Store in an airtight container.