Maple Syrup Cinnamon Rolls
The perfect beginning to the end of summer~
If you are a fan of maple syrup....
you will love these delicious cinnamon rolls...
If your a fan of cinnamon rolls....
you will love these delicious rolls!
Maple Syrup Cinnamon Rolls
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast
- 3 1/2 cups flour, plus more for rolling, divided
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans, optional
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons whole milk or heavy cream
- Heat the milk and butter together until the butter has fully melted. Let cool to 115º F., then sprinkle the yeast on top and let proof for five minutes.
- When the yeast has proofed, pour the mixture into your mixing bowl. Add one cup flour, maple syrup, egg, vanilla extract and sugar. With an electric mixer on high or with a dough hook attachment on your kitchen-aid, mix for 2 to 4 minutes or until double in size, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add the salt and 2 cups of flour, continue mixing, adding more flour as needed, to keep the dough from sticking to the sides of the bowl. After 2 to 4 minutes, turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead by hand until very smooth. The dough will be quite sticky, so you'll need to add more flour, add as little flour as possible, while still getting the dough worked into a smooth ball. When the dough is smooth, place in a lightly oiled bowl and cover. Let rise until doubled in size, about 2 hours.
- Butter a 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- When the dough has doubled in size, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out into an 11 x 18 inch rectangle. If the dough is pulling back to much, let it rest for 5 minutes before trying again.
- Mix together, butter and 1/4 cup maple syrup. Spread butter/maple syrup mixture over the rectangle dough, leaving 1 inch border around the edges without butter. Mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon and pecans if using. Sprinkle evenly over the buttered area, gently press into the dough. Roll the dough up tightly, starting at the wider end, into a log. Pinch the seam closed.
- Cut the dough log into 1 1/2 inch intervals. Place the rolls into prepared dish. Cover, let rise for about 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 400º F.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the tops turn golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool 30 seconds, invert rolls onto a rack. Let the rolls cool for 10 minutes inverted, then turn rolls back over to right-side-up.
- Make glaze: Whisk together, powdered sugar, maple syrup and milk, Stir until you reach desired consistency, adding more milk if needed. Drizzle over tops of rolls while still warm.