On the Menu Today~
but cashews make a great substitute.
Oriental Salad is not only delicious and easy to prepare,
it's one of the most economical summer-time salad you can make.
This salad can easily be thrown together for under $5.00 and
can serve between 4 to 6 people.
Not too shabby~
Why does food always taste better
when eaten outside?
- 1 (16 oz) package coleslaw mix
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 (3 oz) package oriental style ramen noodles, broken up
- 1 seasoning packet from oriental style noodle package
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup sunflower nuts
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- sliced green onions, optional
- Combine coleslaw mix, green onions, ramen noodles (set aside seasoning packet for the dressing), almonds, and sunflower nuts in a salad bowl. Chill covered, until serving time, up to 1 hour.
- For dressing: In a screw-top jar, combine oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper and seasoning from the package of noodles. Cover and shake. Chill until serving time.
- Before serving, shake dressing; pour over salad and toss to coat.
- If you like, garnish salad with additional sliced green onion.
Dressing, Onion, Cabbage, Salad, Noodles