Always a favorite~
Whether they are served as an appetizer during a football game or as a side dish,
deep-fried mushrooms are always a favorite in my house.
- 2 cups beer, your favorite
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 to 6 cups cooking oil
- 1 to 2 pounds whole, large fresh mushrooms, wiped clean
- Pour at least 3 inches of oil into a large, deep cast-iron Dutch oven.
- Heat until it reaches about 375º
- Meanwhile mix beer, flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper, parsley flakes, baking powder, egg, and oil in a large bowl. Mix until smooth and well blended without any lumps.
- Dip mushrooms into batter and coat well.
- Fry mushrooms in batches in oil until crispy and brown, about 8 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms to a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and serve with favorite sauce or ketchup.
Mushrooms Deep-fried, Batter, Beer