Rhubarb Granola Muffins
The Word for Today is Granola.....
Golden Girl Granola Home Sweet Honey Granola...
made with honey, coconut and almonds...
crunchy, wholesome, delicious....
New England's Gourmet Granola.
Turnips 2 Tangerines is participating in:
Golden Girl Granola 2nd Annual Blogger Recipe Contest.
We received one (14 oz) package of granola of our choice,
for participating in this challenge.
Our choice: Home Sweet Honey Granola.
Who is Golden Girl Granola?
" Golden Girl Granola is a family business based in Shirley, MA. We make and sell loose granola in 14 oz and 3 oz bags in New England area store. We take great pride in our emphasis on local products made by hand with the highest quality ingredients. Our customers tell us it's the best granola they've ever tasted! To read more about their story go to: Golden Girl Granola"
Here at Turnips 2 Tangerines,
we enjoy passing along to our readers quality products.
Products we love and use.
We have enjoyed all 7 flavors of Golden Girl Granola.
Each and every flavor is made with ingredients that are
fresh, crunchy, wholesome and natural.
Golden Girl Granola is beyond delicious~
Rhubarb Granola Muffins are made with
Golden Girl Home Sweet Honey Granola.
Not only are these delicious muffins packed full of
Golden Girl Granola,
they are made with garden fresh rhubarb and
topped with a streusel topping made with Golden Girl Granola.
Rhubarb Granola Muffins are perfect for
breakfast, lunch, snack time or anytime.
Our favorite way to eat Rhubarb Granola Muffins...
warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream~
Rhubarb Granola Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups Golden Girl Home Sweet Honey Granola or granola of your choice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated lemon peel
- 2 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, 1 1/4 cups of granola, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and lemon zest.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs; whisk in buttermilk, oil and vanilla; stir in dry ingredients until almost combined. Stir in rhubarb.
- Spoon into well greased large muffin tins. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup granola over batter; press lightly on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes or until tester comes out clean
Muffins, Granola, Honey, Streusel, Dessert