On the Menu Today~
Chili Mac is made in
your crock pot so,
make this recipe for chili mac,
when you don't want to heat up
your kitchen but your hungry for
a hearty, comfort food style, casserole.
Chili Mac Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2 (15 oz) cans chili beans in spicy sauce (hot or mild)
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 envelope chili seasoning mix
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (7 oz) package elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 to 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or until heated through.
- Stir in macaroni; mix well.
- Turn to high and cook an extra hour or until heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with shredded sharp cheddar cheese.