Roasted raspberries are delicious.
A little more delicate than strawberries therefore,
raspberries need to be handled with care.
A few easy steps are all that is needed..
Roasting time is between 10-12 minutes and
remember to gently shake the baking sheet often.
Transfer the berries to a bowl after removing from the oven.
Allowing the berries to "rest" a few minutes will
allow the sweet, delicious juices to form in the bottom of the bowl.
Follow these few easy steps and
you'll be enjoying fresh roasted raspberries in no time flat.
Spoon roasted raspberries over warm brownies,
add a dollop of whipped cream.
All you need is a fork!
- 4 to 6 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400º F
- Lightly grease a large rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place raspberries in a large bowl and lightly toss with sugar and vanilla extract. Transfer raspberries to prepared baking sheet and arrange in an even layer.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until raspberries are tender but still have some shape to them. Allow to cool slightly before using, to allow excess juices to be released from the berries.
Spoon over ice cream, pound cake (my favorite, lemon) or cake.