Overnight Oats with Apricots
Made with steel-cut oats and dried apricots.
The dried apricots plump during cooking,
which makes them extra sweet and chewy...
Making this recipe for overnight steel-cut oat with dried apricots....
This recipe makes a lot of oatmeal...
which is wonderful because
you can have oatmeal for breakfast all week long or
you can freeze it.
Yes, you read that right...
you can freeze oatmeal.
I like to freeze oatmeal in 8 oz size,
plastic freezer jars/containers by Ball.
These containers are used mainly to make freezer jam but
they also work great for freezing oatmeal.
The serving size is just the right amount for oatmeal.
These handy Ball containers work the best for me.
They're stack-able, convenient and relatively inexpensive.
Plus, these containers are made for the freezer...
Overnight Steel Cut Oats with Dried Apricots
- 2 cups steel cut oats
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups dried apricots, snipped into small pieces
- 7 cups water
- 2 cups milk, almond milk or coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Spray inside of a crock pot with cooking spray. Mix the oats, honey or brown sugar, salt and dried snipped apricots. Pour in the water, milk, vanilla extract and ground cinnamon. Stir. Turn on low and cover. Cook for 7 to 8 hours.
Steel Cut Oats, Oatmeal , Apricots