Cinnamon Chip No-Fail Blondies
A delicious 'blondie' with that classic buttery,
butterscotch taste and just the right amount of
cinnamon flavor from the cinnamon chips.
I would like to pass along to you,
this fantastic article written by Helen Nichols,
editor in chief at Well Being Secrets.
The article is about the wonderful
I have never made Blond Brownies before.
Why? No Clue....
I decided that I wanted to change that fact...so..
I went on a mission to find a recipe for Blondies.
I was looking for a blondie recipe that was....
easy to make, convenient, versatile enough
to accommodate a bag of cinnamon chips and
a recipe that could be made in an 8 x 8-inch pan.
I found this recipe on Pinterest and
it jumped out at me...
It was everything I was looking for....
Easy, Convenient, Versatile and No-Fail.
This recipe is brought to you via Inspired Taste,
via Smitten Kitchen.
Before we get started on the recipe...
What is a Blondie?
A Blondie is a cousin of the Chocolate Brownie, minus the cocoa.
A Blondie is similar to a brownie,
except that it's based on brown sugar,
usually dark brown sugar instead of cocoa.
This results in a taste that's reminiscent of butterscotch,
rather than the common chocolate brownie flavor.
Basically, it's a butterscotch brownie with caramel undertones.
Blond Brownies can be made with either light or dark brown sugar,
but using dark brown sugar with result in a brownie with a richer butterscotch,
caramel flavored brownie.
As with it's chocolate brownie cousin,
most any optional ingredient(s) can be added....
flavored chips, dried fruit, nuts, flavored extracts and/or liquor.
Cinnamon Chip No-Fail Brownies
- 8 tablespoons, (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup lightly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- Optional Extras: (add one or a combination to customize)
- 1/2 to 1 cup cinnamon chips (chocolate, white, milk chocolate, semi-sweet, dark, butterscotch chips)
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped toasted nuts
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped dried fruit or shredded/flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup liquor (bourbon, rum, whiskey) Note: Increase flour by 1 tablespoon to accomondate
- 1/2 teaspoon flavorings or extracts (coconut, mint, rum. raspberry)
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder (instant)
- Heat oven 350º F. Line an 8 x 8-inch metal baking pan with aluminum foil. Lightly spray foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir melted butter and brown sugar until blended. Add the egg, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir vigorously until smooth. When the batter looks well blended, add the flour and stir until no more streaks of flour remain. Stir in cinnamon chips, nuts or dried fruit, if using.
- Spread the batter evenly in lined pan and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out relatively clean.
- Cool, then cut into 16 squares.
Brownies, Blondies, Bars, Dessert, Cinnamon