Today I've join forces with a group of lovely
ladies in a blog series called:
"Between the Lines" a blog series
bloggers age 50 & up you should be following.
The blog series was created and hosted by:
Katherines Corner a blog for sharing
is shinning the light on bloggers age 50 & up and
I am so excited to be part of her "Between the Lines" Blog Series.
The series runs every Tuesday for 10 weeks.
I encourage you to join us by visiting all of the 50 & up
bloggers on the list below by clicking on their name/url.
The list of 50 & up bloggers includes;
food bloggers, fashion bloggers and
Learn more about us and what drives us to blog.
Read our answers to the random questions
given to us by Katherine~
Turnips 2 Tangerines
is a food blog that shares fast, easy and affordable recipes...
Recipes that anyone, of almost any age, can make.
(children will need a parent supervision)
Here at Turnips 2 Tangerines,
we have an extensive list of recipes.
There is a recipe for everyone~
Many of our recipes could be considered "Retro" recipes.
"Retro" because they come from my childhood...
having been passed down to me by my grandma and my mom.
Recipes that may have been forgotten about over the years.
I started Turnips 2 Tangerines,
almost 4 years ago as a way to preserve these recipes...
to write them down, keep them in a safe place..
so someday my grandchildren will be able to make these recipes
here at grandma's "online kitchen".....Turnips 2 Tangerines.
Now sit back and relax,
Enjoy a Lemon Chia Scone with
Enjoy your scone with a cup of hot tea or coffee and
Take a look at the "Between the Lines" Blogging Series~
Lemon Chia Scones with Honey-Lemon Drizzle
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon flavored yogurt (Greek)
- Honey Lemon Drizzle
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, lemon peel and salt. Cut-in butter using a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Blend chia seeds, lemon juice, milk and lemon flavored yogurt. Add to flour mixture. Stir until dough comes together.
- On a floured surface, knead dough 10 times. Lightly flatten dough into an 8-inch circle. Cut round into 12 wedges. Transfer wedges to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons milk and 1 tablespoon sugar. Brush tops of wedges with milk mixture. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Drizzle scones with Honey-Lemon Drizzle.
- Mix all drizzle ingredients together until smooth.
- Drizzle over scones.
Lemon, Scones, Honey, Chia Seeds