Ambrosia Fruit Fluff
Ambrosia Fruit Salad or Fluff is made with
Diplicious Simply Cheesecake Dip Mix or
Diplicious Pina Coolatta Dip Mix.
Ambrosia Fruit Fluff is the perfect
fruit salad to serve for Easter.
For a festive touch,
try adding multi-colored
mini marshmallows to this fruit salad,
in place of the white mini marshmallows.
One thing we love here at
Turnips 2 Tangerines,
is a good, old fashioned
This fruit salad is one of our favorites.
Ambrosia is considered a classic southern recipe,
usually served at Christmas time.
Originally made with only coconut, orange slices and sugar,
Ambrosia is now made with just about anything....
from bananas to maraschino cherries.
No matter how Ambrosia is made,
it's delicious....truly a
Greek Food of the Gods.
Ambrosia Fruit Salad
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (15.25 oz) can tropical fruit, drained
- 1 (14.75 oz) can peaches, drained and chopped
- 1 (15 oz) can mandarin oranges
- 1 (15 oz) can fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (8 oz) container non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 1 package Diplicious Pina Coolatta Dip Mix or Diplicious Simply Cheesecake Dip
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup cinnamon-sugar pecans chopped, optional
- In a large non-metal colander, set over a large mixing bowl, drain fruit overnight in the refrigerator, cover fruit with plastic wrap. Fruit can drain up to two days.
- When ready to make fruit salad, gently toss together pineapple, tropical fruit, peaches, oranges, and fruit cocktail in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, place 8 oz cream cheese and microwave for one minute, stir until creamy. Add the dip mix, and stir again. Fold in 8 oz non-dairy whipped topping. Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Gently fold cream cheese/whipped topping/dip mix into fruit. Gently fold in mini marshmallows and coconut.
- Top with chopped cinnamon-sugar pecans.
- Chill for 2 hours and then serve.
- One small package (4 1/2 cup serving size) instant Cheesecake Pudding Mix or instant Coconut Cream Pudding Mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- Make pudding according to package directions
- Lightly fold 8 oz thawed non-dairy whipped topping into pudding
- (Do not use the cream cheese)
- Lightly fold pudding/whipped topping mixture into fruit/marshmallow/coconut mixture
- Refrigerate several hours
- Top with chopped cinnamon-sugar pecans