Caribbean Jerk Mac n' Cheese
It's the ultimate in comfort food.....
tender macaroni smothered in a rich,
creamy cheese sauce.
No wonder it's been a favorite of kids and
adults alike for so many years.
Macaroni and Cheese is so versatile.
It's a great way to use up half empty boxes of
pasta, blocks of cheese and left-over cooked
ham, turkey, bacon and tuna.
Let your imagination run wild!
Avocado Orange Salad
Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies
Caribbean Jerk Seasoning Blend
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Store mixture in an air-tight container.
Caribbean Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 (16 oz) package elbow macaroni
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning blend
- 1 cup shredded Monterey cheese
- 1 cup shredded Colby cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook macaroni according to package direction.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan combine the milk, butter and seasoning; heat through. Stir in the Monterey Jack cheese and Colby cheese until melted. Stir in the sour cream and Gorgonzola cheese.
- Drain macaroni; stir into cheese sauce. Pour macaroni-cheese mixture into a greased 3 quart baking dish. Combine 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs and melted butter; sprinkle over the macaroni mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350º for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.
Macaroni and Cheese, Cheese, Pasta, Spices