Homemade gnocchi is an easy and
very affordable dinner option.
Serve basil gnocchi with a side salad and
a glass of white wine. Perfecto!
Everyone needs a little "Gnocchi" in their life~
Not as difficult to make as you might think,
homemade gnocchi is delicious.
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 4 quarts water
- optional ingredients: spaghetti sauce, jarred or homemade
- olive oil
- grated Parmesan cheese
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Drain; return potatoes to pan.
- Over very low heat, stir potatoes for 1 to 2 minutes or until steam has evaporated. Press through a potato ricer or strainer into a small bowl; cool slightly.
- Using a fork, make a well in the potatoes; sprinkle with flour. Whisk the egg, salt and pepper; pour into well. Stir until blended. Add 1/4 cup basil, thinly sliced. On a lightly floured surface, knead 10 to 12 times, forming a soft dough.
- Divided dough into four portions. On a floured surface, roll each portion into 1/2-inch thick ropes; cut into 3/4 inch pieces. Press and roll each piece with a lightly floured fork.
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Cook gnocchi in batches for 30 to 60 seconds or until they float. Remove with a slotted spoon.
a drizzle of olive oil.
Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.
Basil, Gnocchi, Italian