Pear Cranberry Pie Filling~
Fresh Pears and Cranberries
marry beautifully together in
this delicious pie filling~
Pears with cranberries..
the perfect winter fruit pie filling.
A few weeks ago I stopped at my favorite orchard
located in Bonduel WI called: Everflow Orchard.
We have been stopping at Everflow Orchard ever
since we moved "up north" over 5 years ago.
With over 40 varieties of apples, plums and
pears, you will definitely find something tasty
to snack on. Plus, they offer free samples~
Stop by Everflow Orchard and
check out all they have to offer.
You'll be so glad you did!
Did I mention they sell farm fresh eggs?
Nothing beats farm fresh eggs~
Pear Cranberry Pie Filling
- 2 pounds firm pears (6 cups sliced)
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup clear jel
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 cups white grape juice
- 4 tablespoons bottled lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Wash, peel and core pears. Prepare slices 1/2-inch wide and place in a large bowl containing water and 1/4 cup lemon juice, to prevent browning. In a large pan, bring 6 to 8 cups of water to a boil. Add batches of pears, then cranberries, boil for 1 minute after the water returns to a boil. Drain, but keep heated fruit in a covered bowl or pot.
- Combine sugar, clear jel and spice in a large kettle with water and apple juice. Stir and cook on medium-high heat until mixture thickens and begins to bubble. Add lemon juice and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Fold in drained pear slices and cranberries, immediately fill hot jars with mixture without delay, leaving 1 1/2 inch headspace. *Remove air bubbles*. Wipe rims of jars with a dampened, clean towel. Adjust lid and process immediately.
- Process in a water bath canner for 25 minutes at a full boil.
- Carefully remove jars with tongs, leave on counter top undisturbed for 24 hours.
Recipe can easily be doubled.
*Dang! I forgot to remove the air-bubbles *See pictures*
Note: It didn't effect the taste or texture of the pie filling.
Make this delicious Rustic Pear Cranberry Tart
Recipe adapted from sbcanning
Pear, Cranberry, Pie, Peer