Chocolate Crinkle Blossoms
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon each vanilla extract and peppermint extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar for rolling
- 32 Hershey's Chocolate Kisses
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350º
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and extracts, beating until combined and scraping down the sides of bowl as needed.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, beating on low until combined. The mixture will be sticky.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator and chill for 1 hour.
- Use a teaspoon cookie scoop, scoop into balls. Place the powdered sugar in a bowl. Gently roll each ball in the powdered sugar until coated.
- Place coated balls on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350º for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately press a Hershey kiss candy on top of each hot cookie. Remove cookie from baking sheet and cool on wire rack.
Chocolate, Cookies, Christmas
These cookies participated in
The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap 2015