On the Menu Today~
How to seed a Pomegranate.
This yummy salad was found on Pinterest~
You can find some really delicious recipes on Pinterest and
this one is no exception.
Full of fresh cranberries, crushed pineapple,
mini marshmallows and topped with fresh pomegranate seeds...
Oh and did I mention the whipped cream?
For that classic orange flavor you expect with cranberries,
I added fresh grated orange zest and
for added crunch, some chopped pecans.
- 1 (10 oz) package (3 cups) fresh whole cranberrries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- Pulse the cranberries in a food processor until fine and no large pieces remain. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and stir in the sugar. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Drain any accumulated juices from the cranberries and reserve for another use, stir in the marshmallows, drained pineapple, pecans and orange zest, set aside.
- Whip the heavy cream in a large chilled mixing bowl until the cream begins to thicken, about 1 minute, then beat in powdered sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form, 3 to 5 minutes. Fold the whipped cream into the cranberry mixture, one-third at a time, until fully incorporated. Transfer to an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- Refrigerate or freeze for about 2 hours. Right before serving, garnish with the pomegranate seeds
How to Seed a Pomegranate~
Select a pomegranate that is heavy and make sure your pomegranate is ripe.
Cut the stem end off with a sharp knife.
Pry open the pomegranate using your thumbs/hands.
Remove the seeds using your fingers or a small spoon.
Place the seeds in an air-tight container.