Oatmeal Granola Crumble
Topping for Apple Pie
The perfect way to enjoy a slice of
Apple Pie on a crisp fall day.
Oatmeal Granola Crumble Topping
for Apple Pie is Excellent!!
Made with Nature's Path Premium Organic Granola
More specifically: Love Crunch, Apple Chia Crumble
Apple Chia Crumble ingredients are:
Rolled oats, cane sugar, soy oil,
pecans, freeze-dried green apples,
chia seeds, rice starch, sea salt,
molasses, cinnamon, natural flavors,
and vitamin E.
Here at Turnips 2 Tangerines we love all
Nature's Path products but we love
We have never tasted a Love Crunch
we didn't love....
A few of our favorite Love Crunch varieties are:
Apple Chia Crumble
Dark Chocolate Macaroon
Aloha Blend and
Dark Chocolate & Red Berries.
If you have never tried Love Crunch,
you need to pick up a bag or two
the next time you see Love Crunch or
Nature's Path products at your local store.
Now on to the recipe...
Apple Pie with Oatmeal Granola Crumble Topping
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup oatmeal (not instant)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup apple chia crumble (Love Crunch)
- 1 package (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust
- 1 quart apple pie filling, homemade or canned
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Un-roll packaged refrigerated pie crust, carefully ease pie crust into 9" pie plate.
- Pour apple pie filling into crust, crimp edges.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except butter and granola.
- Cut butter into oatmeal mixture with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Toss in granola. Sprinkle crumbs over apple pie filling in prepared pie crust.
- Cover edges of crust with strips of foil to avoid excessive browning. Remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove pie from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.