Served with "blood" a.k.a "sweet ketchup sauce" it
becomes a real fright!
Not only is this meatloaf "scary" it's delicious!!
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 cup shredded fresh zucchini
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1 sleeve crackers, crushed (buttery or saltine)
- 4 slices bread, cubed
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: onion slices, (for eyes)
- 1 pound thick sliced bacon, (for bandages)
- green pepper slices, (for nose and teeth)
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350º In a large bowl mix together all ingredients.
- Place mixture into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish and shape into a skull.
- Place onion slices on meatloaf for eyes and green pepper slices on meatloaf skull for teeth.
- Randomly place bacon slices on meatloaf skull to look like bandages.
- Bake meatloaf in oven, covered with foil for 2 hours (drain excess grease if necessary)
- Remove foil, continue baking for another hour (drain excess grease if necessary)
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, stir together ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder and garlic powder. Simmer on low until warm. Pour over meatloaf. Serve.
Meatloaf, Zucchini, Halloween, Ground Beef, Pork Sausage, Pork