Apple Fest Week~
Looking for a delicious and
easy dessert recipe?
Give this recipe a try..
- 4 large baking apples
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, cut into fourths
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into fourths
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons caramel-butterscotch ice cream topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 375º Rinse and dry apples.
- Using a sharp paring knife, cut out the cores and seeds, lightly scrap out some of the inside of the apple with a small spoon, keep bottom of apples intact.
- Place brown sugar, cinnamon, pecans and flax seed in a small bowl. Stir to combine. Fill each apple with brown sugar mixture. Put apples in a baking dish. Place a quarter piece of cream cheese on top of each apple, then dot each apple with a quarter piece of butter.
- Pour boiling water in bottom of baking dish. Bake at 375º for 30 to 45 minutes and apples are cooked through and tender. Remove apples from oven.