Deep-Dish Caramel Apple Pie
Apple Fest Week~
Deep Dish Caramel Apple Pie
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1 to 2 quarts (homemade) apple pie filling
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce of your choice
- 1 package (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Combine oats, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
- Unroll pie crusts, carefully fit pie crusts into 9" springform pan, overlapping pie crusts to fit. Cut off any overhanging crust.
- Top crust with apple pie filling.
- Drizzle with 1/4 cup caramel sauce.
- Sprinkle with the crumble topping, pat topping down lightly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool in pan on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Run a butter knife around inside of the springform pan, carefully remove sides of springform pan. Cool slightly before serving.
- Serve with vanilla or cinnamon ice cream.
Apple, Caramel, Caramel Apple Pie