Italian-style Stuffed Zucchini Boats
Have an over abundance of zucchini in your garden??
Try this delicious recipe for Italian-style Zucchini Boats.
With only 7 ingredients,
you won't miss the boat with this recipe!
Italian Style Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- 6 (small to medium) zucchini
- 2 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic and herb seasoning blend
- 2 1/2 cups marinara sauce of your choice
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded Italian-style cheese blend
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375º
- Coarsely chop one zucchini, set aside.
- Cut 5 zucchini in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds of each zucchini making a boat.
- Place zucchini in a shallow baking dish, drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat, drain. Season with garlic and herb seasoning mix, add coarsely chopped zucchini and marinara sauce. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove zucchini from oven, fill each zucchini boat with meat mixture. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with Italian cheese, bake for 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted, remove from oven.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Zucchini, Beef, Stuffed, Vegetable
* Victoria Fine Foods
White Linen Gourmet Collection Pasta Sauce was used in this recipe