Candied Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies
Candied Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies a.k.a. Crack on a Stick
- 12 ounces (12 to 13 strips) bacon
- 14 ounce package little smokies (cocktail links)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. Set aside.
- Cut bacon strips into thirds, wrap each Lil smokie with a 1/3 slice of bacon.
- Push a toothpick through bacon and smokies near the overlap to hold the bacon in place.
- In a resealable bag, add brown sugar and optional chili powder.
- Add the bacon wrapped smokies.
- Seal bag.
- Shake bag gently to coat each bacon wrapped smokies.
- Arrange them on the foil lined baking sheet, arrange so they are not touching each other.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until bacon is browned and crispy.
Bacon, Sausages, Appetizer