Almond Butter Thumbprint Cookies with Chocolate Filling~
I have made these delicious cookies from the
Food Network many times.
The cookies can be filled with anything you like,
but my favorite filling:
Hershey's Chocolate Spread.
Almond Butter Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup chopped almonds
- 1 container Hershey's chocolate spreads
- pastry bag with a star tip
- Heat oven to 375. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and almond butter. Beat on medium high until smooth. Add brown sugar and 1/3 cup sugar. Beat for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla. Beat well. Add the flour mixture to creamed mixture in two batches. Mix well after each addition.
- Combine the chopped almonds and the remaining 3 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl.
- Scoop out tablespoons of cookie dough, roll into balls, then dredge in almond-sugar mixture. Space the balls about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake until the cookies appear dry, slightly cracked on the top and golden brown on the bottom, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Use the rounded side of a teaspoon to make an indentation in the center of each cookie.
- Let cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Fill a pastry bag fitted with a medium star tip with chocolate spread. Pipe about 1 teaspoon of spread into the center of each cookie.
- Serve or refrigerate in an airtight container.
Almond Butter, Cookies, Chocolate