Chex'icago Chex Mix
The Perfect Mix of Sweet and Salty~
Delicious and Addictive~
If you want to bring something to a party that everyone will love..
Whip up a batch of chex'icago party mix.
It's reminiscent of the Windy City's favorite flavor combo,
of sweet and salty. There won't be any left-overs!
Chex'icago Party Mix
- 6 cups corn chex cereal
- 6 cups rice chex cereal
- 4 cups chocolate chex cereal
- 4 cups pretzel rings or thin sticks
- 4 cups goldfish cheese crackers
- 6 cups cheese popcorn
- 1 stick butter
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 275º
- In a large roasting pan, mix together cereals and pretzels; add 3 cups of cheese crackers and 4 cups of cheese popcorn
- Mix together, Set aside.
- Place the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt in a medium saucepan. Stir until butter is melted and mixture is smooth. Stir in baking soda. Mixture will foam up, but keep mixing until baking soda is dissolved. Pour over the cereal mixture, stir gently until coated.
- Bake at 275º degrees for 45 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Spread on a waxed paper-lined counter top. Let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 1 cup cheese crackers and 2 cups cheese popcorn.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Appetizer, Snack, Snack Mix