24 hour salad
Seven layer salad...
24 hour salad...
This salad goes by many different names but
whatever the name it goes by..
24 hour salad looks great served in a large glass bowl.
An old, inexpensive punch bowl found at any thrift store or
goodwill is ideal for this salad.
I bought my punch bowl at goodwill a few years ago
(without the cups) for $1.99.
I use it for trifle, dirt cake,
even potato salad.
24 hour salad is the perfect salad
to bring along to your upcoming
4th of July gathering~
24 Hour Salad
- 6 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup julienne water chestnuts
- 1/3 cup julienne radished
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 cups miracle whip salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound bacon, crisp and crumbled
- Mix together mayo, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large glass bowl, layer vegetables in order given.
- Spread mayo mixture over the top and spread mixture to the edges of the bowl to seal.
- Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours.
Until Next Time~
Salad, Lettuce, Peas, Cheese, Bacon, Celery, Carrots