On the Menu Today~
Velveeta Down-Home Mac n' Cheese
Sometimes you find the best recipes on the back of boxes...
We found this one in the inside box of Velveeta.
Velveeta Down-home Mac 'n Cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 pound (8 oz) Velveeta cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 to 8 buttery crackers crushed
- Heat oven to 350º
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil, cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened Add Velveeta; cook 3 minutes or until melted, stirring frequently. Stir in macaroni.
- Spoon into 2-quart casserole sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Melt remaining butter, toss with cracker crumbs, sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake 30 minutes or until heated through.