Cherry Clafoutis is fantastic..
This was my first time making a Clafoutis and
it won't be the last...
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened (for greasing the pan)
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cherry juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 can (14.5 oz) pitted tart red cherries in water, well drained
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar, for dusting
- Heat oven to 425° Grease a 10"cast iron skillet with butter. Set aside.
- Combine milk, sugar, cherry juice, vanilla, eggs and salt with an immersion blender for a few seconds to mix. Add flour and blend until smooth about 1 minute.
- Pour batter into buttered skillet, distribute cherries evenly over the top.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or a golden brown crust has formed on the top and bottom of the clafoutis, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Clafoutis, Cherry, Dessert